Gentle reader you have been saved. Your pocketbook has been saved, your hair has been saved. Alicia T. came through and rendered her services for the sake of a greater good - testing products so you won't have to.
A word about the products. BioBotantic, is an Italian brand that offers, professional- grade organic products. The company claims that their products are suitable for all hair types and versatile enough to enhance hair in any condition. The company approached Olivia's with free product for testing and review some time ago.
Clearing throat - I know I've been slacking, but I'm getting back on it... PROMISE
In this, the first of a multi-part review of the range of products received, we'll test the BioBotanic Beauty Drops on Alicia T's wavy, color-treated type 2 hair. The main ingredient in the Beauty Drops is Horsetail. Yeah I didn't know about the benefits of horsetail until I looked it up either. Lemme learn ya right quick. Resembling alfafa in appearance, horsetail is actually classified as a living fossil (which is pretty cool and mind-blowing - living. fossil. think about that for a moment)
Ancient Greeks, Chinese and Roman herbalists have been using horsetail for its medicinal benefits for centuries. Horsetail is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, healing antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
Okay all that sounds good but what makes horsetail such a hair wonder? It can, unlike many other plants, absorb silica! SUPER RARE! Super good for hair! Think: SHINY, GLOW IN THE DARK SHINY HAIR, think men collapsing with wonder shiny, think of the possibilities! Additionally, (in a sensibly pitched voice) the plant contains nutrients like calcium, manganese, iron, flavonoids tannins, fatty acids and other things that are crunchy wholesome but no one can pronounce.
The quick and dirty hair benefits:
1. Promotes hair growth (we like)
2. Cures dandruff and helps prevent split ends (we like)
3. Works as a natural conditioner (lemme pop down to the GNC and start ingesting this stuff as a supplement)
Okay now you know all about the main ingredient in the BioBotanic Beauty Drops, lets get down to the review.
For your reference, our reviewer, Alicia T is of Chamorro/Japanese decent, has a thicker hank of hair and is in her fabulous 40’s. While Alicia’s hair tends toward the dry, she has not shied away from color and actively engages in the quest for the perfect bleachy wave. It is in the spirit of this quest that I have suggested Alicia test this product. First to restore moisture and then enhance and beautify the natural wave in her hair.
When presented with the Olivia’s product review survey, these were Alicia’s thoughts.
1. The product was odorless. Let me be clear in saying that I think that it's great that the product is odorless. I have allergies and sometimes strong smells irritate me.
2. I don't know if the bottle comes in a separate box. I hope not. The bottle is a perfect size for home and travel uses. User friendly for small hands. I used as directed three inches away and all over the hair.
Olivia on packaging: Products were all provided in a brown craft box tied with raffia and nestled in shredded paper. Sleek and simple.
3. I used as directed, First I washed my hair as usual and sprayed on after towel drying.
4. I had some reservations but I really liked the product. On application it wasn't sticky and bonded to the hair nicely. When dried all the way, my hair was super shiny.
5. Not one dislike thank you!
6. The product made my hair feel soft, airy voluminous - just the way I like it.
7. I will definitely purchase this product! Who knew I'd need something called beautifying drops?
8. My other observations were about the packaging of the product. I appreciate the length of the plastic tube for the pump. I know that would make it easy to spray at any angle and volume.
Parting (unsolicited but ever so gracious) words from Alicia -Thank you for inviting me to test this product.
BioBotanic's Beauty Drops gets Olivia's stamp of approval for type 2 hair. The product is pricy at $16.48 for 3.3 oz. however, the BioBotanic representatives have let me know that they do ship internationally!!!! You can purchase BioBotanic products here. Don't forget to check the hyperlinks to the entire range of BioBotanic products above and follow them on Instagram!
If you try the beauty drops and have a different hair type, let me know how it works out for you! Any recommendations or comments on the product review (because we always want to improve) leave it in the comment section below!